This unit takes a strong narrative approach and looks at the events of 1066 then the impact and changes the Normans made.
This unit centres around the question: Did Marc Morris get it right about the significance of the Norman Conquest? The final enquiry looks at scholarship from Morris. Your students use their knowledge to critique his view
Your download includes PowerPoints resources, worksheets for each lesson, resources for each lesson.
You also gain the the knowledge organiser, the assessment tasks and the tarsia in this handy package.
Note: we suggest that you complete Ian Dawson’s brilliant role play on the Battle of Hastings.
Here is list with links of what you get!
- Who should be the next king?
- Was England ripe for invasion?
- What problems did Harold face in the summer of 1066?
- Has the Battle of Hastings artist done his homework?
- For people living at the time, was the Norman Conquest a change for the better?
- Did Marc Morris get it right about the significance of the Norman Conquest?
- Norman Conquest knowledge organiser
- Norman Conquest knowledge test
- Norman Conquest tarsia
If you enjoy the download and want to sign up as a full member, contact Jo@historyresourcecupboard.com and we will reimburse the cost of this package.