Historyresourcecupboard.com(‘us, ‘we, or ‘our) is an e-learning resource company that operates Historyresourcecupboard.com(the ‘Site’).
This page explains our privacy and security commitments in plain language.
This Policy sets out the obliga1ons of Historyresourcecupboard.com regarding data protection and the rights of teachers, school administrators and parents (collectively, Registrants) in respect of their personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘the Regulation’).
Historyresourcecupboard.com is committed to protecting the safety and security of our registered users and we are sensitive to our Registrant’s concerns about the safety of the personal information provided to us.
Historyresourcecupboard.com is committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws including:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (‘the GDPR’) and any related legislation which applies in the UK, including, without limitation, any legislation derived from the Data Protec3on Bill 2017;
- the Privacy and Electronic Communica4ons Regulations (2003) and any successor or related legislation, including without limitation, E-Privacy Regulation 2017/0003; and
- all other applicable laws and regulations relatng to the processing of personal data and privacy, including statutory instruments and, where applicable, the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) or any other supervisory authority.
(together “the Legislation”)
THE DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
This Policy aims to ensure compliance with the Regulation. The Regulation sets out the following principles with which any party handling personal data must comply. All personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in rela4on to the data subject;
- collected for specified, explicit, and legi3mate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- As a customer, prospective customer, or user of our Site, we may collect information such as your name, contact information including phone number and email address and school name.
- Collect details of other interactions that you have with us, together with any other information that you choose to provide us with, for example, through your interactions with our customer and technical support teams.
- We do not however collect any unnecessary personal information from Registrants (for instance, information about religious beliefs).
- It is impractical in most circumstances for you to remain anonymous, and we may not be able to interact with you, provide access to the Site, or answer your enquiry if we are not able to identify you or collect your personal information.
- In the case of school customers (School Customer), we seek consent from the School Customer to be provided with Registrant information for and on behalf of that student or teacher.
- In the case of individual / home subscrip6ons (Home Customers) we seek consent from the Home Customer at the -me of purchasing and registering the product to use the information collected.
- Registrants who do not give this consent (or do not have this consent provided on their behalf) cannot provide us with their personal information and cannot use the Site.
WHAT WE WILL DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
The information collected from Registrants may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide access to our products and services, or to provide quotes or offers for, and updates about, our products and services;
- to send a confirmation notice to the Registrant of the registration;
- to administer and manage accounts, including password resending, responding to questions
raised by Registrants, to contact the Registrant about any problems their account;
- to send out a Historyresourcecupboard.com newsletter or emails about the Site including information about current events, changes, improvements, upgrades, and rules of the Site;
- for administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes relating to our products and services.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Historyresourcecupboard.com will keep your personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers or any external third parties, unless:
- we believe, in good faith, that we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with law, regulation, legal process, court order or subpoena;
- to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- to protect the safety and security of our Registrants and our Site.
HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so);
- from teachers that purchase access to our Site for their students and teachers.
HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the personal informa0on that we collect from and about our Registrants for as long as it is needed to provide access to the Site or to manage that Registrant’s account. We take reasonable steps to delete the personal information we collect if your registration to use our Site lapses and you opt out of receiving further communications from us, or if you ask us to delete your information. We may however retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Registrants have a right to request a copy of the personal informa6on we hold about them, and Registrants can also update their personal informa/on at any /me, in each case by contac/ng HistoryHomework.com.
If you wish to receive a copy of this informa4on or to update or correct informa4on held about you, please address your request to the Privacy and Data Protec5on Officer (contact details below). We will endeavor to deal with your request promptly.
3/1/2018 Historyresourcecupboard.com- Data protec*on Policy 5
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
Historyresourcecupboard.com is committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep the personal information we collect and use in a secure environment, and we have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. As part of our privacy compliance processes we review these security procedures regularly.
We use a dedicated server provided by Fasthosts. These benefits included:
- Dedicated server ensures we aren’t sharing space with a malicious website or spammer.
- Superfast SSDs combined with 9TB RAID 5 protected storage
- Round the clock UK support and offsite backup
- Hosted in secure, wholly-owned UK data centres