NEW WEBINAR-: Improve your GCSE teaching for 2021 with Aaron Wilkes and Richard McFahn
GCSE students from the 2020 cohort will need inspiring, engaging and challenging to ensure that they make up for 6 months of lost learning. With years of experience in teaching and authoring GCSE textbooks and resources, Aaron and Richard are equipped to help ensure your students achieve their potential.
Through their extensive knowledge of subject-specific scholarship and hands-on experience, Aaron and Richard will help you to consider how to plan your course, how to engage your students, how to build big picture frameworks, how to embed knowledge effectively, unlock language and improve your students’ written answers.
The session will be highly practical.
This action packed webinar will ensure that you are fully prepared to plan, implement and assess a high-quality history curriculum that will provide your students with a powerful historical knowledge enabling them to succeed at GCSE and beyond.
- Learn how to diagnose your students’ perceptions of what they know.
- Establish key strategies for diagnosing what your students’ knowledge in reality.
- Review a variety of rich formative assessment strategies.
- Discover numerous ideas to ensure your GCSE classes are engaged and motivated to learn (as this is a crucial element of knowledge retention).
- Establish what threshold concepts are and learn how they can help you raise attainment.
- Focus on lesson efficiency and exam spec efficiency.
- Discover numerous strategies to help your students unlock language.
- See practical examples of how to focus on getting the balance right between overview and depth to ensure your students gain knowledge and learn well.
- Consider differing effective approaches to teaching sources and interpretations.
What teachers said about Richard’s previous courses:
“Outstanding resources and teaching ideas, great pedagogical tips, expert overview of changes coming up. Absolutely brilliant. Thank you!” Henry Warnock-Smith, Ricards Lodge High School.
“Richard was engaging in inspirational. Great lesson activities and ideas. This was the best CPD I have been on in ages. I have loads to take back and use. Thank you.” Jamie Ewen, Dover Grammar School for Boys.
“Lots of great teaching ideas, especially enquiry based approaches. I am already planning a lesson for next week in my head!” Catherine Lewis, Thornton College.
Amongst the conflicting pressures of teaching it is easy to forget why we do what we do. History Resource Cupboard’s course helped remind me of the reasons I chose to teach history. I left the day enthused and inspired. I would recommend Richard’s courses and lessons to everyone! Clare Shobrook, Head of History, Trinity Secondary, Lewisham
Cost: Just £49 per delegate. £45 for Basic members. £40 for Full or School’s members (includes course materials and digital documents).
Dates and time:
4pm – 5.30pm
To book: email email@example.com
Tel: 07802 467552
Course Leaders: Aaron Wilkes and Richard McFahn
Here are the terms and conditions.