Raising Attainment in Edexcel GCSE 9-1History
Led by History Resource Cupboard’s Richard McFahn, this course will ensure that you have the know how to raise attainment for all students studying the Edexcel 9-1 History GCSE.
Using a mixture of examiner feedback and scholarship Richard will help you adapt your teaching in the light of the first 9-1 GSCE history exam, pinpoint where the gaps are and provide you with practical ideas to raise attainment for all of your students.
This course will ensure that you are fully prepared to plan, teach and assess all areas 9-1 GCSE History to maximize impact.
- Hear directly from Edexcel examiners and listen to their feedback on student performance in the first Edexcel 9-1 History GCSE examination.
- Interpret the key points in the examiners reports and hear how to adapt your planning and teaching accordingly.
- Analyse student responses to see exactly what is required for success.
- Find clear solutions to the issues raised by the first 9-1 GCSE examination to provide you with the tools for success over the coming year.
- Gain access to ideas and theories from up to date scholarship and research to enable you to teach History beyond the examination requirements to ensure maximum impact.
- Discover how to assess individual student progress at any point of the course, dramatically reduce your marking load and use gap analysis data to plan more effectively.
- Leave with practical ideas that you can use immediately to inspire and challenge your own classes.
* Lesson examples used in the course will be taken from Elizabethan, Germany, America and Cold War units.
What teachers said about Richard’s previous courses:
“Outstanding resources and teaching ideas, great pedagogical tips, expert overview of exam board options for 2016. absolutely brilliant. Thank you!” Henry Warnock-Smith, Ricards Lodge High School.
“Richard was engaging in inspirational. Great lesson activities and ideas. This was the best CPD I have been on in ages. I have loads to take back and use. Thank you.” Jamie Ewen, Dover Grammar School for Boys.
“Lots of great teaching ideas, especially enquiry based approaches. I am already planning a lesson for next week in my head!” Catherine Lewis, Thornton College.
Amongst the conflicting pressures of teaching it is easy to forget why we do what we do. History Resource Cupboard’s course helped remind me of the reasons I chose to teach history. I left the day enthused and inspired. I would recommend Richard’s courses and lessons to everyone! Clare Shobrook, Head of History, Trinity Secondary, Lewisham
Cost: £269 per delegate. £239 for History Resource Cupboard’s Basic members, £189 for Full or School’s members (includes course materials, digital documents, tea/coffee, buffet lunch).
Dates and locations: Central London 29/10/18, Central Manchester: 12/11/18.
To book: email email@example.com
Tel: 07802 467552
Course Leader: Richard McFahn
Download the course flyer here.