The latest in our series of popular face-to-face courses will ensure that you are fully prepared and resourced to plan and teach 2016 GCSE History.
Led by History Resource Cupboard’s Richard McFahn, the one-day session will help your teaching gain maximum impact.
Richard specialises in active approaches to accelerate pupil progress. He is a practising history teacher, PGCE leader and consultant who has raised standards in hundreds of classrooms across the country.
You will learn:
- How best to meet the demands of a linear exam which covers more content.
- Effective teaching strategies to secure deep historical knowledge.
- Guiding principles on which to plan your lessons to ensure progress.
- 30 techniques on how to make knowledge stick over long periods of time.
This outstanding course will provide you with:
- An expert understanding of what 9-1 grading system looks like in student answers.
- Model answers to questions showing you what different responses on the 9-1 scale actually look like.
- Approaches to making knowledge stick to ensure that your students are truly prepared for the 100% exam.
- A host of effective approaches to tackle trickier interpretations questions.
- Schemes of Work for AQA and Edexcel to allow you to teach many of the new GCSE topics.
- Two year planning documents to help shape your course for maximum impact.
- Fully resourced lesson examples on teaching trickier aspects of the course.
- Practical ideas on how to inspire and challenge your students.
- A cupboard full of ideas for planning, teaching and delivering aspects of the new course.
- The knowledge and confidence to plan your course over two years for maximum clarity and coherence.
- The chance to meet like minded teachers, share ideas and experiences of the new GCSEs.
What teachers said about previous courses
“Outstanding resources and teaching ideas, great pedagogical tips, expert overview of exam board options for 2016. absolutely brilliant. Thank you!” Henry Warnock-Smith, Ricards Lodge High School.
“Richard was engaging in inspirational. Great lesson activities and ideas. This was the best CPD I have been on in ages. I have loads to take back and use. Thank you.” Jamie Ewen, Dover Grammar School for Boys.
“Lots of great teaching ideas, especially enquiry based approaches. I am already planning a lesson for next week in my head!” Catherine Lewis, Thornton College.
Dates, Times and Locations:
3 November 2016: London – 9.00am coffee for a 9.30am start
10 November 2016: Manchester – 9.00am coffee for 9.30am start
£269 per delegate. £242 – BOOK NOW FOR EARLY BIRD RATE
£179 for History Resource Cupboard Schools or Full Members. Get promo code.
£210 for History Resource Cupboard Basic Members. Get promo code
Not member already? View our membership options now.
All course materials – both hard and digital versions, welcome tea/coffee, lunch and all refreshments
View the course Terms and conditions.