Teaching 9-1 GCSE History for Maximum Impact
Our most popular course to date, led by History Resource Cupboard’s Richard McFahn, the one-day session will help your teaching gain maximum impact.
Richard specialises in active approaches to accelerate pupil progress. He is a practising history teacher, PGCE leader and consultant who has raised standards in hundreds of classrooms across the country.
This course will ensure that you are fully prepared to plan, teach and assess all areas 9-1 GCSE History to maximize impact.
You will learn:
- How to effectively meet the demands of a linear exam which covers more content.
- Innovative teaching strategies to secure deep historical knowledge.
- Guiding principles on which to plan your lessons to ensure progress.
You will leave with:
- An expert understanding of what makes good student answers.
- Model answers to questions showing you what different pupil responses look like.
- Approaches to make knowledge stick to ensure that your students are truly prepared for the 100% exam.
- A host of effective strategies to tackle interpretations questions.
- Schemes of Work for AQA and Edexcel to allow you to teach many of the new GCSE topics.
- Two-year planning documents to help shape your course for maximum impact.
- Fully resourced lesson examples on teaching trickier aspects of the course.
- Practical ideas on how to inspire and challenge your students.
- The knowledge and confidence to plan your course over two years for maximum clarity and coherence.
* Examples will be taken from Elizabethan, Germany, America and Cold War units.
What teachers said about this course
“Outstanding resources and teaching ideas, great pedagogical tips, expert overview of exam board options for 2016. absolutely brilliant. Thank you!” Henry Warnock-Smith, Ricards Lodge High School.
“Richard was engaging in inspirational. Great lesson activities and ideas. This was the best CPD I have been on in ages. I have loads to take back and use. Thank you.” Jamie Ewen, Dover Grammar School for Boys.
“Lots of great teaching ideas, especially enquiry based approaches. I am already planning a lesson for next week in my head!” Catherine Lewis, Thornton College.
Amongst the conflicting pressures of teaching it is easy to forget why we do what we do. History Resource Cupboard’s course helped remind me of the reasons I chose to teach history. I left the day enthused and inspired. I would recommend Richard’s courses and lessons to everyone! Clare Shobrook, Head of History, Trinity Secondary, Lewisham
Cost: £269 per delegate. £239 for History Resource Cupboard’s Basic members, £189 for Full or School’s members (includes course materials, digital documents, tea/coffee, buffet lunch).
Dates and locations: Central Manchester:12/10/17, Central London: 19/10/17.
To book: email email@example.com
Tel: 07802 467552
Course Leader: Richard McFahn
Download the course flyer here.