This quirky lesson allows students to consider the career of Chicago gangster Al ‘Scarface’ Capone against the concept of the American Dream.
Very interesting! It will allow your students to:
- Be able to describe some of the events of the reign of Al Capone.
- Make judgements about Al Capone’s life.
- Reach conclusion about Al Capone versus the American Dream.
- Be able to explain why organised crime was a threat to American society.
- Lesson presentation: PowerPoint
- Lesson write-up: PDF
- Resource 1: PDF